- Function title:Training Instructor/Competency Assessor
- Nature of competition:Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations:General conditions of employment
- Grades for publication:AST3-4-5
- Type of post:Assistant (AST1-AST9)
- Number of posts:1
- Duration:5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting is required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisionsSecurity vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM/TS/OSD/ADP - ATSEP Documentation & Proficiency
- Competition publication date: 11/03/2020
- Competition closing date: 22/04/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list:Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre, the "Technical Systems" service is responsible for the maintenance and evolution of software products which support MUAC in achieving its capacity targets and sustain the growing air traffic demand. It provides also resources to various projects in its area of expertise.
Your role will be to:
- Develop, schedule and execute training plans and competence assessments for agreed categories of technical staff, and in particular for systems controllers;
- Develop and provide training within technical projects;
- Stay up to date with evolution of the technical systems and training methods;
- Archive and publish training content for agreed categories of technical staff;
- Maintain records (i.e.: certification, exam records, ...) of training for agreed categories of technical staff in accordance with procedures;
- Evaluate and improve existing training methods;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education (e.g. bachelor degree) in a relevant domain.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Experience in development and delivery of (technical) training and assessment/testing methods.
- Experience or knowledge of coaching best practices would be an asset.
- English technical writing and presentation skills.
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Planning and organising: displays an organised and methodical approach.
- Quality focus: delivers consistent quality in work.
- Customer focus: responds effectively to customer enquiries.
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach.
- Sense of confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of Agency are French and English. For this particular position, thorough knowledge of English is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tipson how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.