- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in HSE – Environmental Management System
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: HRS/SPP - Prevention and Protection at Work
- Publication date: 23/06/2022
- Closing date: 29/07/2022
Within the Division Human Resources and Services , the Service for Prevention and Protection at Work establishes and implements Health, Safety and Environment policies for EUROCONTROL, in order to provide a safe and healthy workplace for all staff and visitors at all Agency sites.
You will experience:
- Real-life tasks;
- Perfect chance to apply and improve your knowledge and skills with regular feedback;
- Opportunity to expand your professional network;
- An international environment where everybody is different and valued.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We believe in giving opportunities to young people who are seeking an on-the-job training experience that will enable them to acquire real-life work experience where they can apply and increase the knowledge acquired in the course of their studies.
The purpose of the traineeship is to contribute to identifying, building and implementing the company's new strategic ambitions towards commitments and sustainable initiatives.
More specifically, you will assist the Service for Prevention and Protection with the implementation of the Environmental Management Audit System (EMAS). You will support the development of the necessary risk assessments, procedures and audits for their certification.
Your role will be to complete tasks such as the following:
- Assisting in various missions and projects (or supporting departments) in the fields of Corporate Social Responsibility and environment.
- Contributing to analyses and projects in the framework of the environmental management system. Supporting the development of initiatives to reduce the environmental footprint of EUROCONTROL's activities;
- Measuring the sustainable performance and impact of initiatives;
- Participating in the preparation of communications and reports (e.g. gathering information, drafting content, etc.).
From 9 to 12 months. Start date 1st October 2022.
- Bachelor studies of 3 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Engineering, Health & Safety, Environment, Sustainable Development, Corporate Social Responsibility);
- Adept with online tools;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to work autonomously when required and also to work within a Team. You will be based in Brussels with multiple contacts with the technical services, HR, contractors, ;
- Good drafting skills in English and French (e.g. writing scripts, texts and internal publicity);
- Excellent MS-Word & MS-PowerPoint skills and basic MS-Excel skills;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, applicants must be proficient users of both languages at level C1 (spoken & written).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.