- Type of traineeship: Traineeship Opportunity in the Office of the Director Network Management
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: NMD - Network Management Directorate
- Publication date: 19/12/2022
- Closing date: 27/01/2023
Within the Network Management Directorate ,
The Office of the Director (NMD/OFF) is responsible for supporting the Director in his tasks:
The Director shall contribute to the Agency mission by leading and managing NMD, ensuring the provision of network operational and technical management functions in order to contribute to the achievement of ATM performance objectives, the support to industry for deployment activities and for delivering ANSP services as agreed with stakeholders in alignment with the overall Agency Business Plan.
In particular, the Director shall be responsible to the Director General for:
- directing NMD in the achievement of performance objectives, strategic development, evolution of policies, staff management and budget management within the limits set by CN Measure No. 17/227 of 28.3.2017 concerning the “exercise by the Permanent Commission of its supervisory powers over the greater management autonomy delegated by the Director General to the Director Network Manager”;
- ensuring the exercise of the ATM Network Functions according to the EU legislation under the supervision of the European Commission assisted by EASA in matters related to safety;
- establishing, implementing and updating the Network Strategic Plan, the Network Performance Plan and the NMD business plan in alignment with the Agency Business Plan;
- leading and coordinating the Network Manager development within the overall ATM strategy and its contribution to the achievement of SES objectives and the performance scheme;
- leading and managing efficiently the activities of NMD through the management of network operations and the provision of ANS support services, in an operational partnership with the industry and close cooperation with the Deployment Manager; · ensuring the quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of NMD services and functions and deliverables;
- ensuring the quality, efficiency and cost-effectiveness of IT solutions and IT services used in the Agency (excluding in MUAC); · contributing to the overall strategic management of the Agency;
- ensuring the European aviation crisis management function, including operating the European Aviation Crisis Coordination Cell (EACCC).
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We believe in giving opportunities to young people who are seeking an on-the-job training experience that will enable them to acquire real-life work experience where they can apply and increase the knowledge acquired in the course of your studies.
What you can expect:
- Real-life tasks and responsibilities
- Perfect chance to apply and improve your knowledge and skills with regular feedback.
- Opportunity to expand your professional network.
- An international environment where everybody is different and valued.
MAIN LEARNING OBJECTIVES & TASKS
Within the Office of the Director Management, the incumbent will contribute to communication activities of the Directorate. She/he will support in the management of social media accounts, and contribute to improve the visibility of the NMD. He/she will report to the advisor of the Director Network Management.
From 6 to 12 months. Proposed Start date 1 February 2023.
University degree in journalism, communications, EU affairs, international relations, or similar.
Have an interest in aviation
Have an interest in developing the use of social media and to provide ideas to enhance the internal and external communication
Excellent written English, editing and proof-reading skills; ability to translate complex information into clear and accessible messages;
Strong interpersonal and communication skills; can work independently, but also as part of a multinational team;
Good time-management and organisational skills;
Solid PC skills (Office, and online tools).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.