- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in Personal Data Protection
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: DG/JUR - Legal Service
- Publication date: 21/06/2022
- Closing date: 15/07/2022
The traineeship will be with DG/JUR - Legal Service - Data Protection Officer. The Legal Service is one of the key strategic functions within the Director General's Office, which deals with any legal questions concerning the work of the Agency. The Agency's Data Protection Officer is administratively attached to the Legal Service and ensures, in an independent manner, that EUROCONTROL correctly applies the Regulation on Personal Data Protection.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The Data Protection Officer is looking for a dynamic trainee to learn about personal data protection in an international organisation and participate in the implementation of the Data Protection Officer's work programme.
The trainee will learn about:
- The EUROCONTROL legal framework governing the protection of personal data;
- The particularities of data protection in an international organisation;
- The role of the Data Protection Officer;
- The implementation of the data protection requirements, such as the data protection register, privacy notices, data protection clauses in contracts and agreements;
- Conducting data protection audits;
- Awareness raising activities;
- Developing guidance material.
The traineeship will preferably last for 9 months with a start date of 01/08/2022. An extension of up to 3 months can be considered if this would benefit the trainee’s learning experience.
Candidates shall have recently obtained their degree in Law (degree completed within the last 12 months) with a specialisation in Personal Data Protection.
At EUROCONTROL our working languages are English and French. For this particular post, you will need to have an excellent command of English and a working knowledge of French would be an asset. We are a multicultural and diverse organisation, so knowledge of additional languages would also be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.