- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in Debt Collection Section of the Central Route Charges Office
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: CF/CRCO/CAT - Collection, Accounting & Treasury Division
- Publication date: 15/06/2022
- Closing date: 15/07/2022
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance , the "Collection, Accounting and Treasury" division deals with all collection and financial activities related to the Air Navigation Charges systems, in accordance with, inter alia, the Multilateral Agreement relating to Route Charges, the applicable Financial Regulations and Conditions of Application of the Route Charges System and Conditions of Payment. To do so, the service works closely with States, ANSPs, airspace users, and banks.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The purpose of the traineeship is to assist and participate in the daily debt collection / recovery tasks of the Central Route Charges Office.
You will perform the following tasks:
- Manage the collection of charges for a portfolio of airspace users, including complex users, by means of persistent and timely contacts;
- Achieve recovery rate of at least 90% on due date, 95% seven days after due date and 99.5% one year after the due date;
- Negotiate and prepare payment plans with airspace users and ensure the follow-up;
- Propose, prepare the required documentation and coordinate the process for enforced recovery actions by judicial or administrative means;
- Prepare the required documentation in case of insolvency proceedings;
- Propose and prepare the documentation for the write-off of irrecoverable debts;
- Manage settlements of debts with aircraft owners;
- Manage the Collection generic e-mail inbox;
- Prepare reports providing an overview and detailed analysis of the collection of amounts billed;
- Reply to queries from airspace users, aircraft owners, bankruptcy administrators, ANSP's and States;
- Participate in IT projects in order to further develop automation and service quality delivery;
- Assist the Head of Section as appropriate in the coordination of specific processes related to the collection of charges;
- Act as back-up for other debt collectors during their absence;
To perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
From 9 to 12 months. Scheduled start date 01/09/2022.
- Bachelor degree in preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent professional experience;
- Good analytical skills;
- Understanding of the charging of air navigation fees;
- Experience in accounts receivable and debt collection/recovery proceedings;
- Experience in litigation proceedings would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of MS-Excel and basic knowledge of other standard Office applications;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach; and
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of both is required. Knowledge of any other language is an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.