- Type of traineeship: Traineeship in Accounting Section of the Central Route Charges Office
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: CF/CRCO/CAT - Collection, Accounting & Treasury Division
- Publication date: 15/06/2022
- Closing date: 15/07/2022
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance , the "Collection, Accounting and Treasury" division deals with all collection and financial activities related to the Air Navigation Charges systems, in accordance with, inter alia, the Multilateral Agreement relating to Route Charges, the applicable Financial Regulations and Conditions of Application of the Route Charges System and Conditions of Payment. To do so, the service works closely with States, ANSPs, airspace users, and banks.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The purpose of the traineeship is to assist and participate in the daily accounting tasks of the Central Route Charges Office.
You will perform the following tasks:
- Allocate payments received from airspace users (airlines) to air navigation charges bills issued by the Central Route Charges Office;
- Record payment advices into the system;
- Reconcile airspace user accounts and report anomalies (e.g. under- or over-payments, or payments into the wrong bank accounts);
- Prepare financial reports for internal and external stakeholders.
From 9 to 12 months. Scheduled start date - 01/09/2022
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or similar fields;
- Good analytical skills;
- Experience of accounting software(s) would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of MS-Excel and basic knowledge of other standard Office applications;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Team work: displays a collaborative approach;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, thorough knowledge of English is required, minimum C1 spoken & written.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.