- Function title: Simulator Pilot
- Reference: NOC-MA-2023-FGII/658
- Location: Maastricht
- The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties - Information about living in Maastricht
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL assigned at the Maastricht Centre
- Function group: Function group II
- Job level: 4-7 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade (the salary listed is based on 100% - this position is 60%)
- Generic post: Technician
- Number of posts: 4
- Duration of engagement: 2 Year(s) - extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: MAAS/ATM - Air Traffic Management
- Working arrangement: Hybrid work (remote and onsite)
- Competition publication date: 31/08/2023
- Competition closing date: 28/09/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
- Full/Part Time: Part-Time (60%)
Within the Directorate Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre,The "ATM Training" service is a certified training provider operating under EU regulations. The service is responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining training (internal and external) for ATC students & ATCO's. The "ATM Training" service also provides support and competence in the realisation of ATM related projects at MUAC.
Your role will be to:
- Act as a pseudo-pilot in the training simulator by replicating realistic, flight scenarios and simulating pilot behavior – following predetermined scripts and flight profiles to create accurate simulations of aircraft movements, communication, and decision-making.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of simulation-based exercises, providing realistic pilot interactions and responses to trainees' air traffic control instructions.
- Collaborate with simulator assistants and training staff to ensure the effective delivery of training programs.
- Provide input for reporting of errors and malfunctions of the simulation environment.
- Provide input and propose possible changes for system development.
- Assist with the preparation of data for simulation exercises, when needed.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and relevant professional experience of at least two years, or Professional training of an equivalent level.
- Computer literacy skills, including typing abilities.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow scripts and instructions precisely.
- Commitment to undertake shift work (Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 22:00 h)*
- Communication: You express information and ideas effectively.
- Teamwork: You display a collaborative approach.
- Customer Focus: You respond effectively to customer inquiries.
- Result focus : You strive to meet work expectations.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
*Staff working in shift, on-call or on standby will receive allowances pursuant to the applicable legal provisions in the Staff Regulations. (Ref. Article 56 of the General Conditions of Employment)
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 2 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.