- Function title: Senior Adviser to the Director General (States) - Director General's Office
- Reference: NOC-DG-2021-AD/316
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD12
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 1 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: DG/PO - Private Office of the Director General
- Competition publication date: 23/07/2021
- Competition closing date: 13/08/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Office of the Director General , the Private Office of the Director General provides support and advice to the Director General in the execution of DG duties towards the Organisation.
The position reports to the Director General but will be expected to work closely with Directors, Head of Unit, Legal Service, DGPO, to ensure objectives are achieved.
Your role will be to:
- Provide strategic advice to the Director General and his Private Office on cooperation and assistance to States with special emphasis on non EU States.
- Plan and lead a number of strategic projects to strengthen the institutional structures of EUROCONTROL and ensure strong co-operation with relevant states, EU and other Stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate all activities relating to the ratification of the revised EUROCONTROL convention including relevant technical negotiations, projects etc.
- Work on membership services to States, potential member states and ensure that EUROCONTROL activities are well understood and implemented.
- Co-ordinate with ICAO, ECAC, EU, EASA and others in relation to non EU States programmes and ensure a high degree of co-ordination and integration.
- Market the benefits, services and functions of EUROCONTROL to maximise the institutional efficiency of the organisation.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualification, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Business Administration, Political Science).
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 20 years’ relevant professional experience in a Member State administration or equivalent.
- Proficiency and experience, at a senior level, in International Aviation activities at ICAO, EUROCONTROL, ECAC, FSF etc.
- Experience in negotiating international aviation and bi-lateral agreements on a State or multi-lateral basis.
- Experience of the multi-lateral State institutions, governance, structure and legal frameworks.
- Political awareness and sensitivity of the current international Aviation Environment.
- International credibility.
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences.
- Influencing: Builds alliances and develops influencing strategies.
- Strategic focus: Develops business/service strategy in line with Agency’s strategy.
- Organisational Awareness: Understands influences and operates effectively in a broader context.
- Networking: Designs network with a view to developing strategic connections.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. For this particular post fluency in Turkish at level C1/C2 is required.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- This is an appointment for a fixed term of 1 Year in accordance with Article 3.1 of Annex Xb to the Staff Regulations (the immediate superior of the appointee is the Director General). The appointment may be extended once to maximum 2 years. Before being appointed to the post, the selected candidate will be required to provide certified copies of his/her degree(s).
- The selected candidate will serve a probationary period of nine months before being established as a staff member.
- The successful candidate will be appointed at the grade, in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or if a group of grades has been published, in principle to the lowest grade.
- Where there is a reserve list: Suitable candidates who have not been selected to fill the post will be placed on a reserve list for similar duties. The period of validity of this list will be one year from the closing date for applications.
- Internal candidates appointed for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed subject to the conditions set out above, while retaining the existing terms of employment. At the end of the period of appointment for the post for which he/she was selected, if the assignment to this post is not extended or the duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her previous type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates already appointed for a fixed term: If successful, the person will retain his/her existing terms of employment, including the period of appointment.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- Information on the employment regulations governing this post can be found on the web page https://jobs.eurocontrol.int/employment-rules
- EUROCONTROL ensures equal opportunities, treatment and access for all candidates regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or other opinions, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- EUROCONTROL wishes to increase diversity in the talent pool and make the EUROCONTROL workforce representative of the diversity of the EUROCONTROL Member States.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical and behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to fond out the behaviours expected for the various different levels.