- Function title: Secretary/Administrative Support
- Reference: NOC-EG-2023-FGII/575
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge - Information about living in Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Function group: Function group II
- Job level: 4-7 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Secretary
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of engagement: 3 Year(s) - extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security policies
- Directorate/Service: EGSD/INO/ENG - Engineering Centre of Expertise
- Competition publication date: 16/02/2023
- Competition closing date: 30/03/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the The European Green Sky Directorate, the EUROCONTROL Innovation Hub (EIH) carries out research, innovation and simulation activities to help improve European aviation performance, safety and sustainability, bridging the gap between R&D and operations. The EIH also addresses emerging new technologies as well as deployment of drones and urban air mobility systems.
Your role will be to:
- Provide secretarial and administrative support including agenda management, filing, filtering calls, drafting general correspondence, dispatching information, preparing files and presentations for meetings, taking notes, managing office supplies etc.
- Follow up pro-actively on correspondence, outstanding replies and actions resulting from meetings.
- Support internal staff management processes such as leave, flexitime and missions, etc.
- Provide secretarial/administrative support to individual projects as required.
- Contribute to accounting activities and assist with the timely follow up of financial transactions, including reconciliation of income, expenditures, and identification of discrepancies.
- Support the communication of relevant items to management and staff (inside and outside the service).
- Coordinate actions to organise the necessary meeting facilities and logistics in support of the organisation of meetings and special events.
- Develop, maintain and update filing systems and maintain relevant databases as necessary.
- Carry out any other administrative or secretarial task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and relevant professional experience of at least 3 years. A secretarial or office administration education is considered a strong advantage.
- In addition to the above, minimum 1 year relevant working experience.
- Experience in providing meeting support.
- Experience with mission preparation (i.e. flights, hotel bookings) would be an advantage.
- Ability and interest in working with numbers (to support basic accounting activities).
- Drafting skills in English and French.
- Experience in the use of standard office applications.
- Result focus: You strive to meet work expectations.
- Planning and organising: You display an organised and methodical approach.
- Quality focus: You deliver a consistent quality in work.
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Team work: You display a collaborative approach.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English and French at level C1.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.