- Function title: Resource & Competency Manager (Network Operations)
- Reference: NOC-NM-2023-AD/674
- Location: Brussels
- The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Type of post: Administrator
- Job level: AD9-AD11 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic job title: Senior Team Leader
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year(s) - extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: EUROCONTROL, NATO or EU Secret
- Directorate/Service: NMD/NOM/SUP - Operations Support
- Working arrangement: Hybrid work (remote and onsite)
- Competition publication date: 15/09/2023
- Competition closing date: 13/10/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate, the "Network Operations" service ensures the efficient and effective provision of H24 Network Manager core operations and of the supporting operational services, and the overall achievement of the service's objectives.
our role will be to ensure business continuity of the essential operational services:
- Determine, plan, lead and monitor the activities of the teams (OPS Training & Competency, Roster Office and OPS Documentation) including resource allocation, definition of roles and responsibilities, performance evaluation/monitoring, etc.
- Ensure that resourcing and rostering of staff in the Network Manager Operations Centre is planned such that continuous service provision is secured at all times.
- Manage the activities of the training & competency experts in collaboration with the Operation Managers to ensure that the competency scheme is developed and implemented, and maintained adequately, and the competence of the operational staff is always ensured and followed-up continuously.
- Ensure the efficient management of the documentation to ensure that operational documentation is consistently maintained at all times. Drive all required activities to the digitalisation of operational documentation and records in a way that EASA audits and requirements are satisfied.
- Manage contracts of the Division related to NMOC (e.g. rostering tool, weather forecast provision, contracting staff etc.).
- Contribute to the succession and recruitment planning for the Division, in collaboration with the Head of NOM, Heads of Unit/Services, HRS and the NMD/Business Coordination Service (BCS), and report regularly on staffing levels.
- Create management reports on absenteeism, overtime, validation, roster situation, etc.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years. ATCO training can be considered professional training of an equivalent level.
- Internal candidates can check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience, preferably in the aviation domain or comparably regulated environment, e.g. nuclear, railways, military, maritime, etc.
- Experience in people management.
- Experience in training & competency activities.
- Experience in resource management (planning, rostering).
- Experience in regulatory oversight activities.
- Understanding of workforce planning, experience is an advantage.
- Experience in interpreting (HR) Rules would be a strong asset.
- Project management skills.
- Leading: You demonstrate direction by making strategic choices.
- Managing people: You encourage development in support of business objectives.
- Managing Change: You know how to effectively manage the change process.
- Communication: You adapt your communication to different situations and audiences.
- Planning and Organising: You apply planning principles to achieve business objectives.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become a basic users of French at level A1 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 5 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Staff Regulations governing officials at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the selected candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of their degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates
- If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
- The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year(s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade set out in this vacancy notice, or if a group of grades has been published for a job level, in principle at the basic grade of the published job level.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.