- Function title: Prototype Developer
- Reference: NOC-DE-2021-FGIV/320
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge - Information about living in Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades: AC 13/15 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Junior Specialist (FG-IV) (13/15 )
- Number of posts: 2
- Duration: 3 Year (s)
- Security clearance: None required
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/INO - Innovation Division
- Competition publication date: 07/10/2021
- Competition closing date: 18/11/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation , the "Innovation" service manages all Agency research & development (R&D) and innovation activities in coordination with other Directorates. The R&D work is mainly organised through SESAR, covering also participation in H2020 projects and engagement in international research coordination, and consultation groups. Innovation manages and develops the Agency’s Validation Infrastructure including the organisation of real-time simulation services.
Your role will be to:
- Design, develop and implement software and prototypes in the scope of EUROCONTROL’s innovation hub projects.
- Develop applications (with a strong HMI focus) connected to either the real-world system or simulator facilities. This includes:
- capturing and analysing project needs, and identifying software solutions in an iterative manner in collaboration with end-users (i.e. airports, airlines, Air Navigation Service Providers);
- performing acceptance testing (analysing impact of incidents from a user perspective identified during testing and participating to validation activities);
- supporting various projects during demonstration activities;
- producing technical documentation;
- contributing to projects, tasks forces and working groups as required;
- collaborating with internal cross-functional teams.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of at least 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. software engineering, etc.).
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of browser technologies; HTML5, CSS, DOM, JS, REACT, etc., experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of server-side technologies; Java, Spring Boot, web services (WSDL, XML, HTTP), experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the ATM, airspace users and airport domain would be an advantage.
- Technical drafting skills (English).
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships.
- Problem-solving: Anticipates and solves business issues.
- Creativity and innovation: Applies new approaches.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Quality focus: Sets and fosters high quality standards.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Candidates should go to our Jobs website and read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.