- Function title: Product Owner ATFM (FLOW)
- Reference: NOC-NM-2021-AD/324
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 year (s)
- Security clearance: Personal Security Clearance may be required in accordance with the relevant ECTL security policies.
- Directorate/Service: NMD/NOM/IBC - Integration & Business Continuity Unit
- Competition publication date: 16/09/2021
- Competition closing date: 14/10/2021(23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate , the "Integration & Business Continuity" service ensures the integration of operational requirements into the Network Manager (NM) system release change process and the subsequent operational validation of developed changes to meet the operational requirements. It manages the NM crisis and business continuity processes.
The product owner is in charge of the management and ownership of the portfolio of the ATFM (FLOW) digital products.
Your role will be to:
- Define and implement, together with the business, the products’ vision and strategy, develop and maintain the products’ roadmap and organise the products’ lifecycle with all internal/external stakeholders involved;
- Collaborate internally within the Agency and externally with the Industry to provide the products’ vision features and priorities, ensuring synergies are leveraged across the portfolio of digital products;
- Ensure that the products’ deliverables fulfil the business needs and are compliant with safety, security and quality standards and regulations;
- Ensure that business domain experts and business analysts review, analyse and translate business requirements into technical specifications for internal and/or external development teams;
- Collaborate with other product owners to ensure that dependencies with other portfolios of digital products are identified and managed;
- Manage the development teams in an agile environment and continuously identify or review business needs, adjust priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks;
- Monitor the products’ delivery progress; identify risks, obstacles, solve products related problems, conduct trade-off analyses, review priorities, take decisions and coordinate with relevant teams;
- Manage external suppliers and their deliverables;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University studies of at least 4 years in Computer Science, Engineering or in another relevant domain.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a similar function, preferably as product owner.
- Experience with the application of modern software development methodologies and standards in large-scale software systems.
- Experience with system and software architectures.
- Experience with requirements gathering process.
- Understanding or experience of Air Traffic Flow Management (ATFM) concept of operations, particularly flow tools and procedures.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Understanding of Agile process and principles.
- Experience with the following systems would be an advantage:
- Mission critical systems,
- ATM systems.
- Analytical thinking: Applies methodical approach to complex information.
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication.
- Managing people: Implements effective people management practices.
- Result focus: Ensures achievement of shared goals.
- Decision-making: Takes decisions based on balanced arguments.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The language levels are as defined in the European Language Levels – Self-Assessment Grid.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply.