Sorry, applications for this job are no longer possible
ECAC JOB OPPORTUNITY
- Function title: Office Assistant
- Reference: NOC-ECAC-2023-FGII/561
- Location: ECAC Secretariat, Neuilly-sur-Seine - Information about living in Paris
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Function group: Function group II
- Job level: 4-7 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Clerical Assistant
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of engagement: 3 Year (s)
- Security clearance: None required
- Directorate/Service: ECAC Secretariat
- Competition publication date: 19/01/2023
- Competition closing date: 16/02/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
The ECAC Secretariat serves the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) in promoting the continued development of a safe, secure, efficient and sustainable European air transport system within its 44 Member States. It sustains extensive activities in the safety, security, facilitation, environment and economics field.
Your role will be to:
- Provide administrative support including support to meetings (e.g. preparation and dissemination of correspondence/documentation, organisation of travel missions, filing, database maintenance) and ensure correct formatting of all documents in line with applicable standards and ECAC Style Guide.
- Act as administrator of the documentation management system(s) and ensure continuous availability of latest information.
- Provide administrative support to the Common Evaluation Process (CEP) of security equipment teams (e.g. maintaining database, arrangements for meetings, drafting correspondence, preparing documentation, communicating with CEP Management Group members on practical matters).
- Further develop and contribute to accounting activities and follow up transactions in conformity with internal financial procedures, including reconciliation of income and expenditures.
- Carry out any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a relevant diploma (e.g. Office Administration) or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education plus relevant professional experience of at least 2 years or professional training of an equivalent level.
- In addition, a minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience.
- Experience in administration support role (e.g. drafting correspondence, preparing documentation, organising files, organising meetings, etc.).
- Proficiency in using MS 365 Office, in particular Excel.
- Ability and interest in working with numbers (to further develop and support with basic accountancy tasks such as budget f/u, filing invoices, tracking payments, etc).
- Communication: fosters two-way communication.
- Planning and organising: plans ahead and adapts as required.
- Quality focus: delivers consistent quality in work.
- Result focus: seeks to improve personal performance.
- Customer focus: responds effectively to customer enquiries.
- High sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of ECAC and EUROCONTROL are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at C1 level. The selected candidate will have to become at least a basic user of French at level A1 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be considered from nationals of ECAC Member States.
- The successful candidate will be administratively assigned to the EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre in Brétigny-sur-Orge and seconded to the ECAC Secretariat, in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. This may be renewed for two fixed periods of not more than three years each.
- After a minimum of five years of service, the appointment of a contract staff may be converted to an appointment for an undetermined period, provided that post is of a lasting duration, and his/her performance is satisfactory.
- Contract staff are considered internal candidates after having performed three years of service.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In the case of a reserve list, suitable candidates not selected for a post will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve lists is one year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.