- Function title: Head of Division Billing, Customer Relations & Economics
- Reference: NOC-CF-2021-AD/312
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD13
- Type of post: Advisor or equivalent/Military Head of Division (AD13-AD14 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security provisions
- Directorate/Service: CF/CRCO/BCE - Billing, Customer Relations & Economics Division
- Competition publication date: 01/07/2021
- Competition closing date: 29/07/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance , the "Billing, Customer Relations and Economics" (BCE) Division ensures the correct and timely billing of air navigation charges (ANC), related processing of users' claims and all related ANC operational matters. The Division coordinates the integration of States into the Route Charges System as well as the development of bilateral agreements for ANC billing and collection. Amongst others activities, BCE advises on developing aviation-related charging schemes, establishes the unit rates, etc.
Your role will be to:
- Ensure the correct and timely billing of en-route, terminal and other air navigation charges and the achievement of relevant CRCO performance objectives;
- Advise and assist States, ANSPs, International Organisations and airspace users in all matters relating to air navigation charges;
- Assist States and ANSPs in the establishment of their unit rates, their compliance and reporting obligations, and in the consultation with airspace users;
- Advise on and monitor the further development of the route charges system to reflect developments in the European aviation environment;
- Manage and coordinate the technical integration of new Member States into the route charges system as well as the conclusion of new bilateral agreements relating to the billing and collection of air navigation charges;
- Plan and supervise, in coordination with the other CRCO units and other Agency services, investments and adaptations required to maintain a state-of-the-art billing system;
- Manage effectively the Division’s resources (budget and personnel) in accordance with corporate and CRCO policies;
- Support the Director in charge of the CRCO in the relations with key external stakeholders and represent, as required, the CRCO in various internal and external meetings (e.g. Route Charges System's governing bodies);
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job and/or as directed by the Director General.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant field (e.g. Engineering, Business Administration, Economy);
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 18 years’ relevant professional experience including 10 years in management or strategic activities;
- Experience of route charges in the European context;
- Knowledge/understanding of EU regulation relating to charges and performance;
- Knowledge/understanding of ICAO policies and guidance relating to route charges;
- Proficiency/experience in stakeholder management;
- Proficiency/experience in change management with notable success;
- Customer focus: Considers the strategic direction of customer focus;
- Leading: Demonstrates direction;
- Strategic focus: Develops business/service strategy in line with Agency’s strategy;
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Organisational Awareness: Understands influences and operates effectively in a broader context;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French is not required for the performance of the duties for this post. Knowledge of French or another European language would be an advantage.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- This post entails management activities. Established staff members will therefore have to serve a confirmation period of 9 months. This period may be shortened to 6 months if the successful candidate is appointed following a competition preceded by a previous temporary assignment to the post for which s/he was selected. The Director General may also decide not to make subject to this provision if that official has previously been assigned, for a period of 2 years or more, to a post similar to that for which he has been selected and which entailed the same level of management responsibilities.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply.