Sorry, applications for this job are no longer possible
- Function title: Data Services Operations Manager
- Reference: NOC-NM-2022-AD/461
- Location: Brussels - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations governing officials of the EUROCONTROL Agency
- Grades for publication: AD7-8 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of appointment: 5 Year (s)
- Security clearance: None required
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC - Technology Division
- Competition publication date: 05/05/2022
- Competition closing date: 02/06/2022 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate , "Technology" develops and maintains NMD’s mission-critical systems, including all airspace network management operational systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure. It supports the Agency's IT solutions and services.
Your role will be to:
- Establish optimal performant, secure, high availability operations delivery from the Aviation Data Hub and associated systems.
- Define roles and responsibilities, processes and procedures related to data services operations and support, and enforce corporate approaches and policies.
- Supervise (external) technical experts operating and supporting data platforms to ensure all operational functions and services are executed in a timely and secure manner meeting required service levels.
- Share expertise, collaborate and co-ordinate with managers and experts across the Technology division in various areas (architecture, design, development, security, support, operations delivery) contributing to a high value cross division service culture.
- Advise and contribute to the evolution of both on premises and cloud based technology stacks supporting the Data Hub and Technology division related functions.
- Constructively challenge requirements and propose value-added solutions in order to meet data service delivery functions to Agency business area colleagues.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 3 years plus one year relevant professional experience or completed university studies of 4 years.
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience to carry out the advertised responsibilities.
- Experience in:
- Running an Operations team and delivering services in a high data volume data centric environment including data warehousing, web applications, self-service Business Intelligence.
- Operating System administration (HP-UX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Server) and Scripting (BASH,KORN, PowerShell).
- Cloud Operations Support: Azure and one other of Oracle, AWS, Google.
- Infrastructure and platform architecture.
- Designing and implementing processes and procedures delivering a highly effective operations environment.
- Communicating technical issues to different audiences, e.g. technical experts (data warehouse experts, developers, etc.), security specialists, (senior) managers.
- Understanding of the following concepts: ITIL, Agile/SCRUM, DevOps.
- Professional training and certification in ITIL would be an advantage.
- (Technical) drafting & presentation skills (English).
- Communication: You are able to foster two-way communication.
- Managing people: You implement effective people-management practices.
- Analytical skills: You analyse information and are able to identify relationships.
- Strategic focus: You know how to align action with strategy.
- Customer focus: You adapt services to respond to customer needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users at level C1. The selected candidate will have to become at least a basic user of French at level A1 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- Duration of appointment: This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year (s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract.
- Internal candidates
If selected, the person will keep their current type of appointment duration (undetermined or determined).
The internal staff member with a determined contract will be offered, in principle, an appointment for 5 Year (s) with a maximum total duration of 9 years.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications .
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: https://www.eurocontrol.int/careers
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers website and read the tips on how to apply.