- Title of traineeship: Computer Science Trainee - Project : Analysis of emissions by the aviation sector
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/ACS/ENV - Environment Unit
- Closing date: 04/04/2019 (extended)
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the DECMA/ACS/ENV Unit, in partnership with cross-Directorate colleagues, supports a wide range of stakeholders in the aviation sector by facilitating the measurement, monitoring and mitigation of the impact that aviation has on the environment.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We are looking for a trainee to be involved in the analysis of fuel used and emissions exhausted by the aviation sector.
Under the continuous supervision, support and coaching of a mentor, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Participate in the review of the current structure and content of the Fuel and emissions database;
- Assist in conducting a prospective analysis of the content of the Fuel and emissions database;
- Propose new analytical reports;
- Provide recommendations for improving and enriching the Fuel and emissions database.
- You are undergoing a Master's or equivalent in Computer Science (database); Statistical analysis; Mathematics.
- You have knowledge of Oracle / MySql or an equivalent database.
- You have knowledge of Python or an equivalent programming language.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English (written and verbal). Additional language knowledge may be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunity employer, promotes gender diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from female candidates.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.