- Function title: Business Analysis Assistant
- Reference: NOC-CF-2023-FGIII/667
- Location: Brussels
- The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Function group: Function group III
- Job level: 8-10 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Assistant
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration of engagement: 5 Year(s) - extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security policies
- Directorate/Service: CF/FIS - Financial Information Systems Unit
- Working arrangement: Hybrid work (remote and onsite)
- Competition publication date: 07/09/2023
- Competition closing date: 05/10/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Directorate Central Route Charges Office and Finance, the Financial Information Systems Unit is responsible for planning and operating the information services as well as the underlying technology necessary for the mission of the Central Route Charges Office and other corporate financial activities.
Your role will be to:
- Support experts in gathering, documenting, and analysing business requirements for the ERP system.
- Support and participate in system testing activities, including creating test cases, helping with testing, and documentation of test results.
- Collaborate with end-users to provide support during the implementation phase, and ensure a smooth user adoption of the ERP system.
- Participate to workshops and meetings with stakeholders to gather feedbacks, address concerns, and ensure ongoing alignment between business needs and system capabilities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project documentation, including business process flows, use cases, and user manuals.
- Assist with the analysis of existing business processes, identify areas for improvement, and propose solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University studies of at least 3 years in a relevant field (i.e. Business Administration, Information Systems, etc) with 2 years of relevant working experience or university studies of 4 years in a relevant field with 1 year of relevant working experience.
- Experience in providing business analysis assistance and support, preferably in the context of ERP implementation projects or related IT projects.
- Knowledge in requirements definition, and understanding of business analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements into actionable solutions.
- Project management skills.
- Analytical thinking: you analyse information and are able to identify relationships.
- Problem-solving: you anticipate and solve business issues.
- Communication: you are able to foster two-way communication.
- Team work: you foster team work.
- Result focus: you seek to improve personal performance.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become basis users of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period. Knowledge of French at recruitment will be an asset.
The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 5 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.