- Function title: ATM Transformation Specialist (European ATM Master Plan)
- Reference: EG-2023-FGIV/672
- Location: Brussels
- The selected candidate must reside either at this location or within a reasonable proximity that allows for the satisfactory execution of their duties - Information about living in Brussels
- Nature of the competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Function group: Function group IV
- Job level: 13-15 - Check salary simulations for the basic grade
- Generic post: Junior Specialist
- Number of posts: 2
- Duration of engagement: 5 Year(s) - extension or conversion of the contract is possible – see “Useful information” section
- Security clearance: Security vetting may be required in accordance with the relevant EUROCONTROL security policies
- Directorate/Service: EGSD/PCS/MPA - Master Plan & Architecture Unit
- Working arrangement: Hybrid work (remote and onsite)
- Competition publication date: 14/09/2023
- Competition closing date: 12/10/2023 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the The European Green Sky Directorate, the mission of the Master Plan & Architecture service is to “Support European aviation in making strategic decisions for the transformation of ATM”.
The service operates in close collaboration with all ATM stakeholders (SJU, air navigation service providers, airports, airspace users, the Network Manager, SDM, airborne and ground industry, EASA, and standardisation organisations etc). The service leverages EUROCONTROL resources (expertise, data and technology) to support decision makers in the strategic transformation of ATM (digitalisation, sustainability, drones, civil/military, CNS, artificial intelligence… ) and prioritises future investments.
The jobholder will act as specialist and contribute to the activities of the team in various domains:
• ATM transformation planning and reporting
• Architecture and content integration
• Performance and impact assessment
• Change management
Your role will be to:
- Act as the focal point with regards to ATM/U-Space developments in the area of responsibility.
- Provide support and expertise in the content development to ensure fit for purpose operations and technologies in the context of the European ATM master plan.
- Capture the vision, business strategy and goals from internal and external stakeholders on the above areas to support the evolution of the European ATM Network.
- Propose transformation plans in terms of organisational, operational and technological changes of the European ATM Network necessary for decision-makers to decide on the strategic goals of the European ATM Master Plan.
- Contribute to the development and monitoring of the architectural designs of SESAR solutions and consolidate and assess its architecture content.
- Ensure the development of relevant products (e.g. dashboards, scorecards, etc) for assessing the impact of transformation initiatives on the strategic goals of the ATM master plan.
- Contribute to maintaining and monitoring the performance of the European ATM Master Plan through simulations, impact assessment , prioritisation etc.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- University degree of 4 years in a relevant field (e.g. Aeronautical Engineering, Air Transport, etc) with 2 years of relevant working experience in the ATM domain.
- Experience in supporting strategy analysis, planning and development (e.g. analysing strategic impact; building roadmaps, developing and maintaining scorecards/KPI’s, preparing conclusions and formulating recommendations).
- Experience in data science/ dashboarding applied to decision making.
- Knowledge in the operational and/or technical aspects of Air Traffic Management in Europe and previous responsibility for ATM development activities (preferably across the ATM value chain).
- Understanding of the business of Air Traffic Management service provision will be a definite asset.
- Understanding of the use of Enterprise Architecture applications would be an advantage.
- Practical experience with change management best practices and methodologies (agile/scrum/visual management) would be an advantage.
- Stakeholders’ management skills.
- Drafting skills in English.
- Analytical skills: you analyse information and are able to identify relationships.
- Communication: you are able to foster two-way communication.
- Strategic focus: you know how to align action with strategy.
- Networking: you know how to maintain and expand effective networks.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become basic users of French at level A1/A2 before the end of the probation period.
The levels relate to the European-framework-reference Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 5 Year(s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. The contract may be renewed. Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- The successful candidate shall be engaged in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on our Careers site
- EUROCONTROL is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality and diversity. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should go to our Careers site and read the tips on how to apply.