ECAC JOB OPPORTUNITY
- Function title: Assistant (Administrative/Financial)
- Reference: NOC-ECAC-2021-FGII/302
- Location: ECAC Secretariat, Neuilly-sur-Seine
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades for publication: AC 4/5
- Type of post: Clerical Assistant (FG-II) (4/5 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 3 Year (s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: ECAC Secretariat
- Competition publication date: 06/05/2021
- Competition closing date: 17/06/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
The ECAC Secretariat serves the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) in promoting the continued development of a safe, secure, efficient and sustainable European air transport system within its 44 Member States. It sustains extensive activities in the safety, security, facilitation, environment and economics field.
Your role will be to:
- Provide general administrative tasks including support to working groups (e.g. preparation and dissemination of correspondence/documentation, filing, database maintenance) and ensure correct formatting of all documents in line with applicable standards;
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements, and other reports on expenditures, as necessary;
- Contribute to the accounts payable activities and follow up transactions in conformity with financial procedures and standards;
- Reconcile income, expenditures and identify discrepancies;
- Maintain filing systems, mailing lists, website, etc. up to date;
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a relevant diploma (e.g. Office Administration) or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education plus relevant professional experience of at least 2 years or professional training of an equivalent level;
- In addition, a minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience;
- Experience in administration process management (e.g. drafting correspondence, organising meetings, etc.);
- Experience in using MS 365 Office;
- Proficiency in the use of Excel (pivot table, production of figures and charts);
- Experience with financial accounting (AP in particular) and reporting (e.g. general ledger, gains and losses from financial transactions) would be a strong asset;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Planning and organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required;
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work;
- Result focus: Strives to meet work expectations;
- High sense of confidentiality and discretion;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of ECAC and EUROCONTROL are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of one of the working languages at level C1. The selected candidate will be required to become at least a basic user of the other language at level A1/A2 by the end of the probation period.
The language levels are as defined in the European Language Levels – Self-Assessment Grid.
- Applications will be considered from nationals of ECAC Member States.
- The successful candidate will be administratively assigned to the EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre in Brétigny-sur-Orge and seconded to the ECAC Secretariat, in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 3 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. This may be renewed for two fixed periods of not more than three years each.
- After a minimum of five years of service, the appointment of a contract staff may be converted to an appointment for an undetermined period, provided that post is of a lasting duration, and his/her performance is satisfactory.
- Contract staff are considered internal candidates after having performed three years of service.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In the case of a reserve list, suitable candidates not selected for a post will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve lists is one year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on the employment regulations governing this post can be found on the web page: https://jobs.eurocontrol.int/employment-rules/
- EUROCONTROL is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.