ECAC JOB OPPORTUNITY
- Function title: Administrative Support (CEP)
- Reference: NOC-ECAC-2021-FGII/306
- Location: ECAC Secretariat, Neuilly-sur-Seine - Information about living in Paris
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL
- Grades for publication: AC 4/5
- Type of post: Clerical Assistant (FG-II) (4/5 )
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 1 Year (s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: ECAC Secretariat
- Competition publication date: 17/06/2021
- Competition closing date: 29/07/2021 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
The ECAC Secretariat serves the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) in promoting the continued development of a safe, secure, efficient and sustainable European air transport system within its 44 Member States. It sustains extensive activities in the safety, security, facilitation, environment and economics field.
Your role will be to:
- Provide administrative support to the Common Evaluation Process (CEP) of security equipment Specialist and CEP Management Group (e.g. maintaining the CEP database, drafting routine correspondence, preparing routine documentation, ensuring correct formatting of documents in line with applicable standards);
- Maintain filing systems, mailing lists, website, etc. up to date;
- Organise meetings and coordinate actions to ensure availability of necessary meeting facilities and logistics;
- Support CEP related tasks (e.g. gather and distribute relevant information, agenda, WPs, etc.);
- Carry out any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Post-secondary education attested by a relevant diploma (e.g. Office Administration) or secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education plus relevant professional experience of at least 2 years or professional training of an equivalent level;
- A minimum of 1 year relevant professional experience;
- Experience in administration process management (e.g. drafting correspondence, organising meetings, etc.);
- Experience in using MS 365 Office, with a strong focus on Excel;
- Drafting skills in English;
- High sense of confidentiality and discretion;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Planning and organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required;
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work;
- Result focus: Seeks to improve personal performance;
- Customer Focus: Responds effectively to customer enquiries;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of ECAC and EUROCONTROL are English and French. For this particular job, candidates must be proficient users of English at level C1/C2 and users of French at least at level A1/A2.
The levels relate to the Common European Framework of References for languages (CEFR).
- Applications will be considered from nationals of ECAC Member States.
- The successful candidate will be administratively assigned to the EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre in Brétigny-sur-Orge and seconded to the ECAC Secretariat, in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France.
- The selected candidate will be offered a contract of 1 Year (s) pursuant to the provisions of the Conditions of Employment of ECAC Contract Staff at EUROCONTROL. This may be renewed for two fixed periods of not more than three years each.
- After a minimum of five years of service, the appointment of a contract staff may be converted to an appointment for an undetermined period, provided that post is of a lasting duration, and his/her performance is satisfactory.
- Contract staff are considered internal candidates after having performed three years of service.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed in principle at the basic grade of the advertised grades.
- Before being established in the post, he/she will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- In the case of a reserve list, suitable candidates not selected for a post will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve lists is one year from the closing date of applications.
- Information on the employment regulations governing this post can be found on the web page: https://jobs.eurocontrol.int/employment-rules/
- EUROCONTROL is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.